Tough Times Talk Up Round
What is it?
On Saturday 7th July, 2012 YABI will brand a round of the Geelong District Football league as the Tough Times, Talk Up Round in an attempt to tackle the stigma associated with mental health. The feature game of the round will be contested by the North Geelong & East Geelong football clubs, where North Geelong players in both seniors and reserves will wear one-off commemorative jumpers.
Why we’re doing it?
- Increase the awareness of mental health issues, particularly in youth aged 18-30
- Increase understanding & knowledge of mental health in Geelong, leading to reduced stigma and making it easier for those with a problem to seek help
- Increase awareness of mental health support services for youth in Geelong
- 1 in 5 people will experience a mental illness in any 12-month period
- Mental illness in men costs the Australian economy $3 billion dollars per year
- Only 35% of people with a mental disorder ever seek help from a health service
How can you help?
Your attendance on the Day!
Invite your family, friends and relatives down for the day to show your support for this initiative and make it as successful as possible!
There will be a major raffle on the day including signed Geelong Cats merchandise.
VENUE: Keith Barclay Oval, Swinburne Street, North Geelong (Google Map)
DATE: Saturday 7 July, 2012
TIME: Reserves Bounce 12 PM, Senior Game Bounce at 2.10 PM
COST: $6 entry, with $2 going to YABI
Stay up to date with event details, media and fundraising goals by ‘Liking’ us on at facebook.com/yabiaustralia
Snooze – Geelong & Waurn Ponds
Headspace, Geelong Cats Football Club, Geelong & District Football League & North Geelong Football Club.
For further information & Media Enquiries:
Director, YABI – Youth ADHD & Bipolar Initiative
0407 356 044